Loading...

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

How To Recover Deleted Files From SD Card Or Pen Drive

 

How do I Backup ?

I take photo backup seriously. I keep photos on a foreign drive, and that I back it up to a different. Once I am on the way – I store my travel images on my laptop and backup them to a foreign drive. I always have two copies.

My primary camera is Canon 6D, but If I shoot an occasion (or something important that I cannot reshoot) – I rent a friend's 5D Mari III. Dual card slots allow making a moment backup, which saves your photos just in case of a card failure. On a computer, I make two copies and only then clear the cards. I even have never had any technical failures with cards or disks (but it doesn't mean it might never happen).

All my files are stored in RAW, and that I routinely delete many extracted JPGs each day. Well, at this point, I even have done something very wrong.

 

How I deleted my photos ?

 I was on a visit and was close to copying my photos from the laptop to a foreign drive. A meanwhile, I noticed that my laptop disk is nearly full, which slows down my work, so I wanted to get rid of some JPGs. After deletion, I proceeded with another operation on my Drive.

The image files that I wanted to backup were synchronized with Lightroom. I decided to see there; what are the folders that I want to copy. In Lightroom, I saw the message "The folder couldn't be found". I noticed that alongside JPGs, I even have removed around 60 Gb or RAW files, and they aren't in Recycle Bin because I even have used Shift+Del.

 

Please don't repeat my mistakes! 

1. Don't delete any files before copy, albeit you remove things unrelated to backup.
2. Don't be lazy to get rid of twice (deletion and cleaning from Recycle Bin), don't use Shift+Del
3. Don't miss a chance to copy; roll in the hay as soon as you most likely can.

I am always over cautious with backups of client photos, but I felt a touch careless about personal vacation photos. The result was frustrating …


What should you do if you've deleted your photos?

Photos or the other files aren't deleted from your Drive completely. The space of the disk is "marked" as free, but the knowledge stays there. It only gets removed when overwritten.

I knew that I ended all the copy operations and turned off the laptop. I used to be insanely nervous; the processes I even have done after deletion could have removed the files.

The right to recover files from a system Disk is to remove the Disk out and use another computer for recovery. As soon as you realized that files are removed – you ought to turn off your PC. The OS may write temporary files to the disk, Even if you don't copy/paste.

We immediately visited the 24-hours computer service, but they told us that the files weren't found after running the scan. Upon returning home, I attempted to bring the disk to a specialized data recovery company, but they gave an equivalent answer after every week.

 

How to recover deleted photos: recovery software ?

Recovering photos from SD cards was the sole option left. They only had 20% of the lost photos, but that was better than nothing. So let's determine the way to recover deleted photos.

I have used two different pieces of software, both have shown almost similar results:

 

#RECUVA

So, it's time to travel to your PC and grab the Recuva software. It's available at the piriform network via either the filehippo download platform or piriform's website. Because the screenshot below shows, there are several versions of the software. I used the free version.

While scripting this, the best recent version of the software is v1.53.1087, published on the 07 Jun 2016. The software is additionally available from several other sources (I grabbed mine from the PC Pro magazine download site because I'm a subscriber there). You'll find this version of the software provides you with an executable named rcsetup153.exe. Install the software, double-click on the downloaded file, and accept any standard warning messages from your OS about installing software.

The other thing you'll probably need is a few sorts of adaptor to permit your PC to read/write to the SD card. The tiny SD card that's stuck in your (android) phone may be a micro SD card. Usually, you'll need either a USB adaptor that you can plug your micro SD card in, or if you've got an SD card reader, you'll use a microSD to SD card adaptor, which you'll have already got called from once you bought the microSD card. The later adaptor seems like the one illustrated (available from Amazon and other fine retailers):

Now you're ready to plug the MicroSD card into your PC and stir up the software (and click past the message asking you for permission to vary your PC). Clicking on the Recuva icon will provide you with the prospect to run the Recuva wizard (see below).

As I'm not an enormous fan of employing a wizard to guide you thru software, click on "Cancel" to mention the most Recuva software screen. You'll get to select the correct drive location from the drop-down box on the top-left of this screen (see below). This bit needs you to understand where to seek out the microSD card you only inserted.

In my case, the microSD card is now in Drive D: Select the right Drive, then click on the Scan button (Beside Disk Selection Box). 

Having formatted the microSD card, it's very likely that your files won't show up immediately. It's time to perform a Deep Scan, then go and obtain yourself a sandwich whilst you wait. It's also an honest point to speak to your family about backup policies. Once you begin the deep scan, you ought to see the much more reassuring dialogue box like below:

Good News and Bad News. Recuva has found files (1,717), but it'll take a short time to ascertain all of them.

At the top of the Scanning. You'll be presented with an inventory of all the found files:

Only two essential steps to travel. Select the files you would like to recover – click on the check-box marked Filename (top-left), then click on recover. This may bring you to the quality panel for your OS, asking you to save many files. It's probably a simple idea, too; Within the first instance, keep your files somewhere safe on your PC, then begin the method of copying the files back to the microSD card. You'll finally see the original comforting dialog boxes telling you that your lost files are being Recovered.


The final screenshot is when you've finished recovering the files. As you'll see, our daughter was lucky to recover over three thousand files.

Other Alternatives

( Credit : Pandora Recovery )


“ Support Us To Make Our Dream Come True „


So Friends, I hope these posts was helpful for you. 

If you learn something from this post, then make sure to share it with your friends. You can also support us; for further information, please visit our Support Us page.


If you got any issues related to Tech plzz, let us know. We are here to solve all your Tech quires. You can contact us on Our WhatsApp also.

 

Thank you for spending your valuable time with us 🙂...


Post a Comment

0 Comments